- This event has passed.
3 Days in Palliative Care – McMaster University
June 19 @ 7:30 am - June 21 @ 3:45 pm
The Division of Palliative Care presents ‘3 Days in Palliative Care’ an in-depth learning experience, June 19-21st, 2023 at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington, ON.
Health Care Professionals (Physicians, Nurses, Spiritual Care Providers, Social Workers and other disciplines) who:
- Are providing a palliative approach to care within various settings: Primary Care, Long Term Care, Acute Care, Home Care and Hospice.
- We suggest completion or enrolling in the Pallium LEAP (Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative and End-Life-Care) prior to registering for this course
Download the brochure for complete details including topics, committee, agenda, and more.
By attending this activity, participants will be able to:
- Manage complex physical, emotional, ethical and social issues, including pediatric to geriatric populations.
- Develop enhanced collaborative practice skills and forge new inter-professional relationships.
- Apply a palliative approach in end-of-life care for cancer and chronic end-stage illnesses, including cardiac, renal, respiratory and neurological conditions.