REMOTE CARE MONITORING PROGRAM
The program is a partnership between Halton Healthcare, Connected Care Halton Ontario Health Team, Home and Community Care Support Services and Halton Community Paramedicine. Aetonix provides the remote care management technology: www.aetonix.com. Patients on this program have their vital signs reviewed by a nurse remotely. Patients can connect easily with a member of the management team if they have questions and there is a thoughtful escalation process in place should concerns arise both during and after regular program hours. This service is intended to help support selfmanagement in the home, promote a shorter hospital length of stay and ideally reduce emergency room visits and/or readmissions.
Patients may be enrolled in this program if:
- They would benefit from remote care management at home;
- They have met the inclusion criteria; and
- They have Acute COVID-19 infection*, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF NYHA class 2-4), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD moderate to severe), Pneumonia or Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)
*Additional criteria: Must be at least at day 7 past onset of symptoms; some patients have a biphasic course with deterioration at day 5-7 Bloodwork does not show deterioration (e.g. increasing creatinine, troponin, CRP or worsening lymphocytopenia/ thrombocytopenia
- Lives in Halton Hills, Milton or Oakville
- Does not reside in a Long Term Care home
- Is at least 18 years old Consents to program enrollment
- The primary care provider notified regarding this referral
The referral is made to Home and Community Care Support Services as part of this program.
Patients will be contacted to plan a home visit within 24-48 hours after receipt of the referral to set up the remote management equipment and teach the patient how to use it.
Patients will be provided access to a help line for concerns outside of the regular monitoring hours.
For more information: RCM General Overview for Healthcare Providers
For your patients, print off the RCM General Overview for Patients and Clients_onepage
To apply for the program: RCM Referral Form