Share your experience of incarceration and street drug use to help guide research
Do you know someone who has been incarcerated and used street drugs?
Redefining the story of incarceration and opioid use
Dr. Fiona Kouyoumdjian and her research team at McMaster University are inviting 10-15 people with experience of incarceration and street drug use to help guide a research project. They are looking at information on people who died from opioids that experienced incarceration in Ontario from 2015 to 2020. They want your help understanding the results and your advice on how they share the results with researchers and the public.
Who can participate:
- People who have experience using opioids or street drugs AND have been incarcerated in Ontario within the past 5 years
- People who have lost a loved one to street drug use in or shortly after incarceration
They are looking for diverse voices across race, gender and location.
You will not be a research participant, you will only be asked to provide advice and ideas. No special training or experience in research is needed!
What you will need to do:
You will participate in three 1-hour virtual small group workshops:
Workshop 1: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 from 7-8pm ET
Workshop 2: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 from 7-8pm ET
Workshop 3: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 from 7-8pm ET
How to get involved:
If you would like to participate please email Amanda Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org or with the following information. This will help us ensure that they have diverse voices and experiences.
- Name and email address
- Where you live
- Your gender
- What ethnicity/racial group do you identify with?
- What experience are you bringing?
- Person who has experience using opioids or street drugs AND have been incarcerated in Ontario within the past 5 years
- Person who has lost a loved one to street drug use in or shortly after incarceration
- What interests you in being part of these workshops? (1-2 sentences)
Participants will be compensated $120 for their time, preparation and expertise.
If you have any questions please email Amanda Butler at email@example.com
For more information, see Research recruitment flyer