Considering a faculty development opportunity in clinical teaching?
The Academic Fellowship and Graduate Studies Program (AFGS) is currently accepting applications for the 2022-2023 iteration of INTAPT: Interprofessional Applied Practical Teaching and Learning in the Health Professions Certificate program.
INTAPT fosters excellence in clinical teaching by providing clinician teachers and educators with the foundational competencies and skills to develop and teach educational programs. The course examines the theoretical bases for, and current issues in, clinical education and applications to real life teaching.
This is a survey course in clinical education and is a popular starting point for those considering a larger certificate or graduate studies program. INTAPT is structured as a 10-day interactive longitudinal course, returning to in person delivery this Fall:
- October 27-28, 2022
- November 17-18, 2022
- December 12-13, 2022
- January 26-27, 2023
- February 27 -28, 2023 *Back-up dates to hold: March 9th and 10th, 2023
- Busy clinicians
- Particularly useful for those teaching as field preceptors or supervisors in clinical settings
- Past participants have included nurses, physicians, pharmacists, dentists, occupational and physiotherapists, midwives, social workers and other health care practitioners
- Our goal is to help you teach and lead education programs more effectively and efficiently
- The course provides an intensive overview of Clinical Education for the Health Professions
- You will work independently and in small groups to complete a variety of learning activities in class and as homework between the two modules
- You will be mentored by award-winning teachers from a variety of health professional backgrounds
- Participants will produce scholarly work – including a poster, major paper and workshop
- INTAPT comprises two of the four credits required for the Clinical Teacher Certificate; a Graduate Studies credit that may be a stepping stonetowards advanced standing for applicants wishing to enter the MScCH programs
Core Faculty: Judith Peranson, Abbas Ghavam-Rassoul, Helen P. Batty
Susanna Talarico, Marie Eason-Klatt, Shirley Lee, Nirtal Shah, Don Melady, Trish O’Brien, Baraa Alghalyini
FOR MORE INFORMATION: INTAPT 2022-23 Program Promo
TO APPLY, https://www.dfcm.utoronto.ca/applying-continuing-education-programs